BBQ grill causes minor house fire in Logan

Fire fighters responding to a small house fire at 30 Hollyhock Lane in Logan, Wednesday July 10, 2019 (Will Feelright).
Fire fighters responding to a small house fire at 30 Hollyhock Lane in Logan, Wednesday July 10, 2019 (Will Feelright).

LOGAN — Police and fire fighters were called to a small house fire Wednesday afternoon in south Logan. The blaze was reported around 1:45 p.m. at 30 Hollyhock Lane, after flames were seen coming from the side of the home, near the garage.

Logan City Fire Marshall Craig Humphreys said crews were able to quickly arrive on the scene. They found a section of charred siding on the outside of the home.

Fire fighters determined the blaze came from a barbecue grill that the residents of the home were using earlier. The grill had been placed next to the side of the house.

It is suspected that flames from the unattended grill spread to the siding and eaves.

The fire caused only minor damage and none of the occupants of the home were injured.


will@cvradio.com

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.