Multiple units respond to barn fire in Newton

Multiple fire units responded to a barn fire in Newton Wednesday. The property owner noticed smoke coming from a shed and called 911 shortly after 12:45 p.m.While units from Newton, Cornish, Trenton and Cache County responded to the scene, the property owner extinguished most of the blaze in a partitioned storage area of the shed.According to a Newton Fire and EMS incident report, fire crews were able to extinguish the remaining hot spots and investigate the scene for any further damage. It was determined that the fire was caused by electrical wiring and did not result in excessive damage. There were no injuries reported.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!